- Serving as Co-Counsel to the District of Columbia in the District’s important efforts to obtain costs and other damages associated with cleaning up the Anacostia River, and returning the River to its historic role as a local and national treasure.
- Serving as Co-Counsel to a tribe and individual tribal members in a products liability/personal injury suit regarding chemical exposures.
- Served as a legal consultant to a distributed energy resources (“DER”) provider in a proceeding before the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities that produced the first favorable ruling finding certain Solar+Storage systems to be net metering eligible.
- Successfully represented an association of DER providers in obtaining, with others, the first favorable agency decision rejecting utility claims of cost-shifting and a rate design that would have discouraged investment in battery storage.
- Secured a favorable schedule for a municipally-owned wastewater treatment facility to attain compliance with the terms of its new EPA-issued Clean Water Act permit.
- Served as environmental counsel to a state attorney general in a high-profile bankruptcy proceeding which resulted in the establishment of a $75 million environmental remediation trust.
- Obtained the first favorable Prop 65 Safe Use Determination from the State of California in more than eight years.
- Obtained the District of Columbia’s first seven-figure penalty in an environmental enforcement case.
- Key author of the District of Columbia’s $.05 bag fee regulations.